Thursday, March 25, 2010

Embracing the Journey

Sometimes I can see clearly where I'm going to end up. How I'm going to get there may be somewhat unclear from my current vantage point, but I just know, deep down inside, that it's where I'm going to end up. I don't mean stuff like "One day I'm going to be CEO of a huge company. I'm doing nothing to get there, but it'll happen!" No, not like that at all. I'm talking about smaller things, realizations and experiences that I'm working toward but I'm just not there yet.

What I find interesting is that I can see so clearly where I'm headed, but it's impossible for me to just jump to that point. The process of getting there is so necessary. I'm a thinker, and I spend a lot of time in my own head thinking through stuff. Even when I realize where a thought process will eventually lead me, I can't just say, "Okay, then that's what I think." I have to work my way to it, a bit at a time. It's kind of a surreal feeling, to go through things feeling quite sure of my destination but stopping to embrace the journey. Just a few years ago, I never would have been okay with this. But now I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment