Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Kitchen Talent, Or Why This is Not a Food Blog

When it comes to cooking, I have a spectacular talent: I am amazing at picking out the world's worst recipes. I choose new recipes to try based on a few things. I want something that isn't going to cost a lot of money, that is fairly easy to prepare, and that has ingredients I've heard of. Plenty of recipes fit this description, yet I always seem to pick ones that just don't turn out well. My husband, on the other hand, has a knack for picking great ones. I don't know how he does it.

I'm trying to go vegetarian again, and tonight's recipe was chickpea curry. I'll admit that I was hoping it would turn out great; I wanted to blog about it. Unfortunately, this blog is probably not destined to be a vegetarian-foodie blog. Sigh. At least I never claimed to be something I'm not. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment